Monday 24 June 2013

[COMING SOON TO THE BIG SCREEN] Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters

Well I was surprised that there were, not only talks, but finalized plans to produce a movie based upon the Vampire Academy novel by Richelle Mead. I'm assuming they're planning to produce all the films but I'm not sure exactly how many to be honest.  The film is titled: "Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters", I guess to play off the whole soul connection between Rose and Lissa.

I took a look at the casting and I'm happy to say that I'm somewhat content with it. Much more so then any other film so far (ahem Mortal Instruments, I mean you specifically).

The cast for the main characters is:









Zoey Deutch as Rose Hathaway.

















Lucy Fry as Lissa Dragomir.


















Danila Kozlovsky as Dimitri Belikov.













The Vampire Academy is one of my favourite series (minus that, in my opinion, atrocious ending). I like Rose's strong will and personality so hopefully the actress can portray it - well.

The movie is scheduled for worldwide release February 14, 2014. Looks like the Maze Runner has some competition. Also I'm still confused as to why there are so many of these NOT rom coms or love stories coming out on valentine's day. Is the general norm now to cater to the singles of the world? In that case they're probably betting we'll drown our single life sorrows while watching some high intense action movie about vampires and/or about boys lost in this maze...seems like a good plan to me. I'll see all my single lovelies there! (I'll be the one with sour patch kids)

xoxox ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment