Thursday 7 February 2013

[RANT] WHAT ARE THEY THINKING???

So I found a very interesting article this weekend about the sequel to the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, the American adaption of the Girl who Played with Fire.  Now I know there have been many comparisons between the Swedish and the American versions of the film and honestly, I've been neutral between the two but after what I just read, I know for a fact that the American films will suffer in comparison to its Swedish counterpart if they actually go through with this idea: they're planning to cut out Blomkvist from the sequel entirely...WTF.

Who decided this idiotic plan. Not only is he the main protagonist but Blomkvist is integral to the storyline. I know that the second book is more focused on Lisbeth but still, cutting him out of the second film will only make it much more troublesome for the third film when he returns as the main protagonist.

Now let me tell you the reason why they're planning to cut him out. Apparently Daniel Craig is asking for a raise after his "phenomenal performance" in Skyfall (I haven't watched it so I won't comment on that) and there isn't enough money in the budget to pay for him so they're going to cut him out...Well isn't that a stupid reason. Why not find a new actor that looks like Blomkvist? Or find somewhere else to get the money to pay for his salary increase.

All I know is what they're planning can only end one way: very badly. There's no way you can cut out a main character and not have the story face negative repercussions. Hopefully they'll come to their senses otherwise they're just wasting money to film the sequels.

The original article that I read.

Let me know what you think in the comments below. Do you think this is a good plan or completely crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment