Friday 18 January 2013

[RANT] Struck by the love bug???

I'm in a romantic mood this year. Don't get me wrong, it's not an issue because I do love romance novels but it's strange that I'm so obssessed with them these days considering in 2012, I was all over dystopia lit...kind of a 180 don't you think?

Not sure if it's the soon to come Valentine's day or the fact that most of the romance novels are ebooks is to blame.  Just finding it odd that I'm reading much more romance novels than usual. On that note some that you should definitely check out.

  • Anything by Alice Clayton: Boy that author can write. Not only is the romance AH-mazing in her books but the witty banter is very funny. I first started reading her novels when I read Wallbanger and then went on to her Redhead Series. Now she's one of my favourite authors!
  • Love Left Behind by SH Kolee. This one sounded like a typical romance novel. Girl falls in love with rich guy, something happens and then they get back together. Well I got that...as well as a lot of drama. And I mean A LOT! The good thing was that I felt connected to the charaters and truly felt the emotions and turmoil that happened in their relationship.
  • Exquisite by Ella Frank. This was a fun read. Sort of a more simpler version of Bared to you and 50 shades but equally good to read. I wouldn't say it's in the same place as 50 shades but definitely still good.
  • And of course there are the books I raved in my TOP books of 2012 post. Check those out.
On that note I leave you with some lovely new music by Matchbox 20. Enjoy!

1 comment: