Sunday 11 March 2012

[REVIEW] The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Published: January 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Age Group: Young Adult
Series: The Iron Fey #3
My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back. (From Goodreads)

The Iron Queen is the third book in the iron fey series.

The Iron Queen takes off where the Iron Daugher stopped. Meghan and Ash, after being exiled, are trying to find a place to stay. In the end, they go back to Leanansidhe, the Queen of Exiles that they had met in the previous book, seeking a place to stay there. At the quaint cottage, Leanansidhe lends them, Meghan trains with Ash and Puck in battle skills and soon learn from the two court envoys that the Seelie and Unseelie court have called a truce and have gone to war against the iron fey. The envoys notify Meghan that they will release the exile status of Meghan, Ash and Puck (who was exiled when he decided to follow Meghan) if she would journey into the Iron Kingdom and kill the false king. (NOTE: the "false" king is the fey that replaced the previous king but is not the actual heir to the throne) So, Meghan travels in to the Iron kingdom with Ash and Puck and journeys to kill the false king. Along the way, they face many troubles including acid rain and iron fey rebellion that refuses to let them pass. All of their troubles soon come to an end when the great war between iron and non-iron fey begins.

The Iron Queen was probably as exciting as the second book. 

To me though, it's sort of the ending of Meghan's tale and the start of Ash's as the next book in the series (titled, the Iron Knight) has Ash as the narrator, not Meghan. 
The plot is once again Meghan battling iron fey to save someone, this time the whole land of Nevernever (the fey world). 

The plot twist that Julie Kagawa put in to this series though was really surprising. There was foreshadow before this book but i didn't really give it a thought. When it suddenly happened though, i was really shocked and also sad because the twist made it so that Ash and Meghan couldn't be together! But i know, Ash will find a way back to Meghan. He has too...otherwise there won't be a happy ending! (as you can tell, I'm clearly on Team Ash) I believe in happy endings but i guess I'll just have to keep reading to find out. 

Give this book a try! i know i wasn't dissapointed when i decided to continue this series.





5/5!
(originally posted in the TPL Word Out program)

No comments:

Post a Comment